Take Action for Hunger Action Month
Throughout the month of September, Feeding Missouri will be joining with the six Missouri Food Banks in a month-long campaign to spread awareness and mobilize the public to take action in the fight against hunger.
Ready to get involved? Here are ten easy ways to support the important work being done by the Feeding Missouri network in every county of our state.
- DONATE. Feeding Missouri’s Produce Promise can turn $1 into Seven Pounds of fresh produce for struggling Missouri families.
- Take a tour of the food bank that serves your county. Find your food bank HERE.
- VOLUNTEER at your food bank or local pantry. Find the nearest pantry HERE. Take a pic and tag your pantry and Feeding Missouri.
- Follow us, share us and love us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Wear orange on Thursday, September 14, HUNGER ACTION DAY to help raise awareness.
- Plant it forward! Drop off you extra garden produce at your food bank or pantry.
- Start your own FUNDRAISING campaign; donate your wedding or birthday or other special occasion.
- Learn a HUNGER FACT and share it with 10 people.
- Stay informed. Sign up for our NEWSLETTER.
- ADVOCATE. Write or call your elected officials and find our what they are doing to help end hunger in Missouri.